myForum Lasyk Networks Upload at Lasyk Networks
REGISTER NOW
FAQ
Go Back   myForum > Sony Ericsson > Tutorials & Mods

Old 05-27-2007   #1
waldog
Team Member
Lasyk Gold Member

How to create a playlist on your pc and play it on your walkman 2.0 and maybe 1.0 too

This is a tutorial of how to make a playlist on your pc and play it on your walkman player.

First of all you will need to use winamp. Winamp makes m3u playlists and it has to be a m3u playlist on the Walkman. It also has to be transferred using winamp. It won't work if you create a list then drag n drop.

Download winamp here --> Download Winamp

Install winamp on your pc. Now open winamp. It may ask you if you want to add media to the library, select yes and select the drive or folder where your mp3’s are located. After you selected the folder/drive you can choose add. It may take a minute or so, depending on how many mp3’s you have.

Now in winamp it should have the player, playlist and media library opened. If it doesn’t you can open them with these 2 buttons. Pl is playlist and ML is media library.

After you have all 3 windows open you will want to click on the Audio selection in the Meda Library box on the right side selector. Make the ML window as big as you need it by dragging the right corner of it.

Now in the 3 windows in ML you will see all the media you added from the scan you did at the start. The top left box is the artist, the top right box is the cd and the bottom is what’s in your selection from the 2 top boxes.

Now go to either a artist or cd and select it by clicking it once. The right click it and go to send to new playlist and make a playlist name for it.

After that your new playlist will be created. You can add more to that playlist by selecting a new cd to add or artist or even just a song. After you add what you wanted to the playlist, it will be over in th ML selections on the left side of ML.

Now close winamp and put your memory stick duo into the card reader and restart winamp. You should now see the duo in the ML window in the selections part under portables.

Now go up to the playlists selector in the ML box and right click the playlist you want to add to the player and select send to and then select whatever your duo is. Mine is USB drive K, so that’s what I’ll choose.

It should then start transferring the mp3’s and playlist to the duo card. It will give you a progress of what’s being transferred in the portable selection. It will obviously be 100% when it’s completed. And you’ll now see the playlist on the duo.

If you have playlists on the card in the future and want to delete them and the songs, just right click on the duo's playlist you want to delete on the card and select remove playlist and files.

After you are done you can close winamp and remove your duo card from the card reader. Put the duo in you W850 (that’s the model I have) and let it sit for a minute or 2 to give it time to load what’s on the card. I noticed without playlists or with, the walkman player 2.0 won’t recognize the media just put on the card if you hurry up and open the walkman player immediately after putting in the card. So just give it a minute.

Now after you waited the minute, open up the walkman player and go to my music and to playlists. You should see that newly added playlist you just added and be able to select it and play it.

If you want to add or remove songs or playlists from the card, you should do it in winamp only to avoid problems. The songs that winamp added to the duo will be in the folder that they were originally in on the media storage on you pc. They will be put on the duo in the root of the stick and not under the music folder. I can’t figure out how to get them to go to the music folder and the playlist still being able to work. Always plug in your memory stick into the card reader before opening winamp to transfer playlists.

I know this is a long tutorial and seems complicated to do, but trust me, once you learn it and get the hang of it, it’s a breeze. You can make playlists anytime, no matter if the duo is in the card reader or not, then transfer them whenever you like. You can have a unlimited number of playlists on the walkman too. And no need to make them everytime you load new mp3’s on the walkman phone.

Tip: For the playlist. You can also send any playlist to a new playlist and put 2 or more playlist into 1. So you can have a playlist with all the songs from the other playlist.
lol. Confusing sounding?

This is a fully working tutorial for Walkman 2.0. I don’t have a S.E. with Walkman 1.0, so I can’t say if it works or not on 1.0 interface. Try it and see.

Last edited by waldog; 05-29-2007 at 12:53 AM.
waldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #2
waldog
Team Member
Lasyk Gold Member

*reserved*
Old 05-29-2007   #3
morenran
Lasyk Friend

Uv done it man,great !
morenran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #4
newname
Lasyk Friend

this could work too with WMP right? theres an option to how you save playlists. one of them is M3u.
newname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #5
waldog
Team Member
Lasyk Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newname View Post
this could work too with WMP right? theres an option to how you save playlists. one of them is M3u.
I tried it. It seems to not work.
Old 05-29-2007   #6
newname
Lasyk Friend

fair enough. just saves me downloading winamp (yet another media player) thanks.
newname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008   #7
wesleynl
Lasyk Active Member

seems my phone see the playlist but it wont play it im useing a w850i
wesleynl is offline   Reply With Quote