myForum Lasyk Networks Upload at Lasyk Networks
Go Back   myForum > Nokia > Troubleshooting

Old 08-09-2007   #1
Lasyk Friend
Removing operator theme from 6300

Hi, I just got a new Nokia 6300 phone because my Sony Ericsson w810i was stolen... with a 4 GB memory stick! I was very happy with it, but now someone else must be enjoying it...

Now I have this new Nokia 6300 that I have found "good, but not great". Mainly because the w8101 had a lot more buttons, which you could customize, camera function shortcuts (macro, flash, night mode), a flash-light, and the "Presenter" application that allowed you to use the phone to control the computer, the computer's media player and even a powerpoint presentetion.
I really want to start liking this new phone and customize it more.

Anyway, one of the problems I have is that I'm stuck with some operator theme in my phone and I can't get rid of it.

I mean, I can change themes but I just can't delete the theme from the operator, and it's using 587KB from my PHONE memory (not the external micro SD). When I try to delete it using the phone, it says "Not available for system file". If I use the PC with Nokia PC Suite to look for it, it's just not listed.

Could anyone please help me get rid of this nuisance? I'd appreciate a step by step, since I'm not familiar with this phone and software.

ramocan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #2
Lasyk Friend
I've also using nokia 6300. The themes You can't delete because it was set up by the manufacturer... :>
srizal2 is offline   Reply With Quote