FAQ

Old 03-13-2007   #541
webmaster
Administrator
Lasyk Elite Member

@EchoAlpha

Please zip and attach the theme in your reply

@Arnvidr

Currently you cannot edit the XML directly in mTC, this is to prevent you from creating corrupt themes.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #542
FuturePilot
Team Member
Lasyk Active Member

I think I found another bug in the Linux version. I've only tried this with the W300 model but I'm assuming it's the same for all 128x160 resolution phones. When adding an image for the More List it states that the image needs to be 118x90 when in reality the actual image size is 118x108. I opened a theme that I made with mTC in the SE Theme Creator and noticed that this image was all messed up because it was the wrong size.
FuturePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #543
KFou
Administrator
Lasyk Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuturePilot View Post
I think I found another bug in the Linux version. I've only tried this with the W300 model but I'm assuming it's the same for all 128x160 resolution phones. When adding an image for the More List it states that the image needs to be 118x90 when in reality the actual image size is 118x108. I opened a theme that I made with mTC in the SE Theme Creator and noticed that this image was all messed up because it was the wrong size.
Actually please tell us how it looks on the phone, regardless of what the SE Themes Creator shows, the Official Sony Ericsson Guidelines for the W300i says that the Morelist image should be 118x90.

Do not use the SE Themes Creator as a guide because it does have various errors with regards to image sizes. But refer to the Developers Guideline, knowing SE that too might be wrong, so please check with your phone
KFou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007   #544
KFou
Administrator
Lasyk Elite Member

@FuturePilot

Thanks for your feedback, we have confirmed that the dimensions on the guidelines are wrong! As we said the actual way to know if we have an error in the dimensions is either by checking the actual device, or an original theme, but that too sometimes can be misleading... so the phone does use the 118x108 size for the morelist for both the W300 and Z530. This will be updated in the next release (2.14).
Old 03-21-2007   #545
FuturePilot
Team Member
Lasyk Active Member

@KFou
You're welcome and thanks for the update. Just a side note, I also tested a theme on the phone and the image was not displayed correctly.
Thanks again
FuturePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #546
leedham
Lasyk Friend

how to add my pictures to the themes
leedham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007   #547
KFou
Administrator
Lasyk Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedham View Post
how to add my pictures to the themes
You first step should be to download and install mTC (http://www.lasyk.net/mTC). Once installed run mTC, the first screen (Device Selection) you will select your device, double click to do so. Go to the Theme Settings tab and there you can change the images by pressing the ADD or CHANGE button for the corresponding theme image.

When you have finished, go to File > Save As, and save your theme (remember themes use extension *.thm)
Old 03-23-2007   #548
lw91
Lasyk Friend

I think my theme creator is fantastic ive made about 5-6 themes with it all ready id just like to know how i could cut my images out on it instead of having a white bit after ive cut the object out with photoshop
lw91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007   #549
KFou
Administrator
Lasyk Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lw91 View Post
I think my theme creator is fantastic ive made about 5-6 themes with it all ready id just like to know how i could cut my images out on it instead of having a white bit after ive cut the object out with photoshop
You can crop or resize the image through the built in Graphics Editor in mTC, have you tried it?
Make sure that after you edit the picture you save it, so the changes can be applied to your theme.

Thanks for using mTC
Old 03-24-2007   #550
lw91
Lasyk Friend

Thank you KFou

ive tried what you have sed but when i save my edits from photoshop i have to save them a jpegs or another file format is the a file format that will maintain my cut out images
lw91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #551
CrazyTerabyte
Lasyk Active Member

I did not understand well what you've said, but I guess you can save images as JPG, PNG (best format, in my opinion) or GIF (the only one that supports animations).
CrazyTerabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007   #552
blood_hybrid
Team Member
Lasyk Platinum Member

@KFou:here`s some more feedback

the time and date on the standby in the preview and while making a theme are to thin.they`re a lot bolder on the phone and in SE themes creator(at least for k750,w800 and w810).
blood_hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #553
Arnvidr
Lasyk Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster@lasyk.net View Post
@Arnvidr

Currently you cannot edit the XML directly in mTC, this is to prevent you from creating corrupt themes.
Makes sense Maybe have the option to enter "Professional Editing Mode" or something of a suitably intimidating name and having a big fat warning each time you do it that you have to test your theme before releasing it?
Arnvidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007   #554
KFou
Administrator
Lasyk Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnvidr View Post
Makes sense Maybe have the option to enter "Professional Editing Mode" or something of a suitably intimidating name and having a big fat warning each time you do it that you have to test your theme before releasing it?
We have been looking into this and maybe add an enhanced feature in the next release...
Old 03-29-2007   #555
stadtkind.ffm
Lasyk Friend

Since your new theme-craetor, i am not been able anymore to create themes. Programm opens, but always when i click on an jpg. or png.- picture to insert it into the program shuts down :-( i use mac osx 10.3.9
stadtkind.ffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #556
webmaster
Administrator
Lasyk Elite Member

@stadtkind.ffm

Are you running JRE 1.5?

The OS X 10.3.9 standard installation does not officially support JRE 1.5

To check your Java version, type: java -version in terminal and press enter

The previous version of mTC can be downloaded from here
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007   #557
KFou
Administrator
Lasyk Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadtkind.ffm View Post
Since your new theme-craetor, i am not been able anymore to create themes. Programm opens, but always when i click on an jpg. or png.- picture to insert it into the program shuts down :-( i use mac osx 10.3.9
For mTC v2.0 we recommend Mac OSX Tiger 10.4+ and above (you are using Panther 10.3), refer to webmasters post to download the previous version of mTC which will run under Mac OSX 10.3
Old 03-29-2007   #558
blood_hybrid
Team Member
Lasyk Platinum Member

you ignored my feedback and now there are no fixes for that in 2.14...

the time and date are to thin!so on the preview it usually show bad functionality
Old 03-29-2007   #559
KFou
Administrator
Lasyk Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_hybrid View Post
you ignored my feedback and now there are no fixes for that in 2.14...

the time and date are to thin!so on the preview it usually show bad functionality
We will look into the for 2.15, it will also help if you take screenshots from your actual device(s) so we can use as a comparison.
Thanks for your feedback
Old 03-29-2007   #560
blood_hybrid
Team Member
Lasyk Platinum Member

how do i take a screenshot?

if a take a pic with my brothers phone,it`s blurry and you cant quite compare it

Tags
disappointed, feedback, mtc