REGISTER NOW
FAQ
Go Back   myForum > Misc > Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2006   #1
meallbhan
Lasyk Friend

Is this deal one to miss?

Hello, I have seen this offer in the Sun newspaper by "dialaphone", offering a free PSP or xbox 360. You've probably seen them, they give you the phone, bluetooth headset, the xbox or psp, and 6 1/2 months line rental all for free.

I'm wondering what the catch is? The contract is over an 18 month period and is the O2 200 tariff, 30 per month. The free line rental is by redemption. I phoned the company up and they explained everything to me and all seems ok, but I can't help thinking there is something dodgy.

If anyone has had any experience or has heard about this deal, I would love to know. Cheers.

Last edited by meallbhan; 04-06-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-10-2006   #2
hardic
Lasyk Friend

its all right mate last time when i bought a lg on 3 with 9 months half price i js sent the respective bills and then they send me the cashback.
Old 04-11-2006   #3
kobrakaan
myForum Moderator
Lasyk Titanium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meallbhan
Hello, I have seen this offer in the Sun newspaper by "dialaphone", offering a free PSP or xbox 360. You've probably seen them, they give you the phone, bluetooth headset, the xbox or psp, and 6 1/2 months line rental all for free.

I'm wondering what the catch is? The contract is over an 18 month period and is the O2 200 tariff, 30 per month. The free line rental is by redemption. I phoned the company up and they explained everything to me and all seems ok, but I can't help thinking there is something dodgy.

If anyone has had any experience or has heard about this deal, I would love to know. Cheers.

i would say 30 line rental is the issue here!

most providers are offering some kinda deal on line rental either half price or free with a free bluetooth headset!

remember 6 months isnt long and after that its 12*30 = 360 so you technically have bought the whatever else free in with the line rental

these deals are all a bit of a scam whichever way you look at it you end up paying HUGE amounts for line rental in the end when you can get FREE LINE RENTAL on PAY AS YOU GO

its upto you ... you could drop into your local high street store and see what offers they have on and show them the advert and ask if they can do a similar offer or one thats worth you getting it from them instead of the paper

number one rule of thumb with any deals like this ALWAYS ALWAYS READ THE SMALL PRINT and get a second opinion from family or friends etc
Old 04-14-2006   #4
meallbhan
Lasyk Friend

Hi there, thanks for your replies. I agree, it probably is a bit of a scam in a way. The 18 month line rental is the real issue and to add to that, phones these days never seem to last more than a year. I've got a D500 just now and my year contract is just about up and the phone has struggled to last the time. I'll have to do some carefull thinking and reading too! Thanks.
Old 12-04-2009   #5
D.twils
Lasyk Friend

Is this deal one to miss

hey the link is correct
i checked wait i will give one more dude
Old 12-11-2009   #6
touseef.type
Lasyk Friend

its all right mate last time when i bought a lg on 3 with 9 months half price i js sent the respective bills and then they send me the cashback.You will get It
Closed Thread