myForum Lasyk Networks Upload at Lasyk Networks
REGISTER NOW
FAQ
Go Back   myForum > The Chat house > PC Games >> Xbox >> PS2 >> PSP >> Nintendo DS

Old 04-05-2007   #1
Beowulf1976
Lasyk Friend

{Question} Just bought myself Nintendo DS Lite..

With free games - Spyro can't remember legend of light or something It's not like Spyro 1 or 2 on Playstation, so I'm not keen on it, I'm too old for anything new lol

I stupidly chose Zoo Tycoon too, and that is a load of pants and has loads of glitches in the game and keeps crashing my DS

I BOUGHT Brain Training by Dr Kawasamaki or somet like that, I'm doin it every day and it varies... I'm sometimes like 40 or something, but then other times I'm down to the 20's lol I'm neurologically buggered at the moment anyway so that might have something to do with it...

Anyway, now i've finished chatting away like a typical "middle-aged ARRRGGHH" woman that I am....

What games can anyone suggest that might remotely interest a 31 year old who has bandaged up arms, extreme muscle weakness in the old arms and neurological problems so my reflexes and hand-eye co-ordination is to pot?

rofl I guess that leaves me with Elmo and Letterland or something like that eh?

*feels dead thick and decrepit*

When you've all finished falling over laughing at me... perhaps you could give me some rough ideas of what you would suggest?

I also live in UK if that changes opinions or games available.
Beowulf1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007   #2
M60Berserker
myForum Moderator
Lasyk Elite Member

Are you new to gaming or have you been gaming for a long time?

And what genres do you like?
Old 04-05-2007   #3
Beowulf1976
Lasyk Friend

I've been into games since I was a wee nipper, we started with a really old machine which I cannot remember what it was called now...Odyssey2 (did a bit of googling) don't know the "english" name for it but that was it's name in america apparently, then we upgraded to a Vic 20, then I had a Commodore 64, then I had an Commodore Amiga 1200, then a pc lol, my brother had a sega megadrive, that was my first introduction to games consoles.. I had a Playstation the big boxy one - original one - that my children broke for me, and now I have a Nintendo DS and my PC I'm using now. I bought my better half a PS2 when I bought myself the DS, he wanted me to buy myself the PSP, but it was only because he wanted it lol

So I am an old hat when it comes to games, but I've not kept up with gaming of today, because will being unwell, I can't really play games anymore, I have a game on my pc called Fizzball and I have to play the child version with the safety barrier up because my reflexes are that slow rofl (I run Ubuntu Edgy Eft and I'm NEVER going back to Windows - even though none of my games work on Ubuntu lol)

I don't suppose that helps you much really? If they did Sonic and Knuckles/Tails whichever it was over here, or Sonic the HEdgehog original for DS, I'd jump at it lol, I like kiddy platform games really, I like some role playing games, but not the ones where you hit the baddy and it removes 1hp, I like to physically use buttons to kill the baddies lol I sound so thick, I'm not honestly.

Anyway... I'll leave it at that for now as my bedtime meds will be kicking in at any minute and I'll be in trouble if I'm not horizontal at that time (they literally knock me out lol)

Will try and give you more of an insight tomorrow.

Sleep well all.

Carol.

http://www.classicgaming.com/museum/o2/index.shtml <--- that should show you the oddesey2 so you can see how REALLY old I am, we all thought it was brilliant, utterly brill! lol in hindsight, for it's time it was pretty damn good.
(edited to add link at end - sorry)
Beowulf1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007   #4
M60Berserker
myForum Moderator
Lasyk Elite Member

Okay, if you like platformers like Sonic and Mario etc., then i can tell you that Nintendo released a sequel to the original Super Mario Bros.; "New Super Mario Bros." It's almost as the original except for some improvements and stuff and a "3D-like" enveroment.

And if you like Sonic and co. there is a game called "Sonic Rush", looks like a simple 2D platform game. I have never tried that one myself so im not excatly sure how close it is to the original gameplay.
Old 04-06-2007   #5
kobrakaan
myForum Moderator
Lasyk Titanium Member

Theres HUNDREDS of good games out for the DS .. how about Mario Kart ds hours of fun and you dont need to use the touch screen much at all

or PAC PIX can you draw a half circle with a V shape in one continuous move with the stylus without much bother !? then PAC PIX is hours of fun

theres also lots of other racing games that dont take a lot of dexterity to play

or Flipper Critters a pinball game that mainly uses the L & R buttons to flip the ball about

Being in the Uk does not limit you to gameplay you can buy USA games from the net that come out months before the UK /EU versions and they will play fine on your UK DS as the are not REGION limited

what about taking ZOO TYCOON back and trading it in for something else me and my kids found that it was WAY too complex to play on the DS with terrible controls and gameplay virtually un playable

THEME PARK (old retro AMIGA /PC/console game) has recently been released for DS you may have to import it as its only out in JAPAN or USA .. but its a fantastic game thats easy to play and hours of gameplay

What about NINTENDOGS ?! yeah may seem too much for kids but its still fun and you can use VOICE commands too so less to do with your hands

My suggestion would be to read the reviews of games that you like the look of or ask here some of us may have them or played them and can post a quick review or comment on them

Also if you goto places that do pre owned games and explain you have difficulties with certain games they no doubt will let you have a quick go on the chosen game before buying