myForum Lasyk Networks Upload at Lasyk Networks
REGISTER NOW
FAQ

Old 03-01-2007   #481
ReD inSAnity
Lasyk Friend

oh sorry... i was referring to the highlights in the navigation screen. i can't set it to transparent. as for borders i tried following the instructions you gave me earlier(which really helped me a lot by the way!!) but all i get is a black box.
ReD inSAnity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #482
KFou
Administrator
Lasyk Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReD inSAnity View Post
oh sorry... i was referring to the highlights in the navigation screen. i can't set it to transparent. as for borders i tried following the instructions you gave me earlier(which really helped me a lot by the way!!) but all i get is a black box.
Save your theme and post it as a reply (as a zip attachment)
KFou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #483
ReD inSAnity
Lasyk Friend

thanks kfou i really appreciate it. i was wondering since you were working on it can you help me add some simple black borders with round corners for the highlights? if it's too much trouble for you than forget it but i appreciate the help anyways. i just want all the white screens to be transparent (that goes for the stopwatch and volume screen thing) cuz i already did the other ones. thanks kfou!
Old 03-01-2007   #484
KFou
Administrator
Lasyk Elite Member

Quote:
thanks kfou i really appreciate it. i was wondering since you were working on it can you help me add some simple black borders with round corners for the highlights? if it's too much trouble for you than forget it but i appreciate the help anyways. i just want all the white screens to be transparent (that goes for the stopwatch and volume screen thing) cuz i already did the other ones. thanks kfou!
So from what I see you have added highlights with completely transparent images, although in theory it is good if you want it transparent, nevertheless you should not make an image completely transparent, mainly for usability purposes, so keep a bit of color visible (semi-transparent) so you can see that indeed this is a highlight.

As for the the screens you mention that want to be transparent, remember you do the same as the highlights, so i.e. Input Small Screen: Add transparent Input small image, Volume Screen: Add transparent Input small image, Input Screen: Add transparent Input image

Finally I will recommend that you do look into other W850i themes, and see how those users have created their themes so you can get an idea of what is generally done, you can find themes for your phone here: myW850
Old 03-01-2007   #485
ReD inSAnity
Lasyk Friend

i actually like the theme i sent you. i just need to make a few tweaks to it. so far i just need to figure out how to put borders and how to take out the highlights on the navigation screen. i'll check out the link you gave me later on but right now i'm trying to figure this one out first. thanks for the help and recommendations. did you figure out the navigation screen problem yet?

nevermind i just got that to work. funny how i've been trying all day and now it decides to work on me. i guess i got everything to my liking except the borders.
Old 03-01-2007   #486
KFou
Administrator
Lasyk Elite Member

Quote:
i actually like the theme i sent you. i just need to make a few tweaks to it. so far i just need to figure out how to put borders and how to take out the highlights on the navigation screen. i'll check out the link you gave me later on but right now i'm trying to figure this one out first. thanks for the help and recommendations. did you figure out the navigation screen problem yet?

nevermind i just got that to work. funny how i've been trying all day and now it decides to work on me. i guess i got everything to my liking except the borders.
Great to know it worked out... make sure you look at other themes from the link above...
Old 03-01-2007   #487
ReD inSAnity
Lasyk Friend

well apparently everything isn't what i wanted. when i go to the manage file screens or whatever it's called. all i see is a big black box... i can't see any words or anything. maybe i'll just go back to the original one... this customizing thing isn't easy at all.
Old 03-02-2007   #488
DelFranko
Lasyk Friend

theme editor help

how do i get a semi-transparent menu highlighter?
DelFranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #489
KFou
Administrator
Lasyk Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelFranko View Post
how do i get a semi-transparent menu highlighter?
You can do that quickly and easily with the graphics editor.
Check out the mTC FAQ to learn how to make transparent images
Old 03-02-2007   #490
blood_hybrid
Team Member
Lasyk Platinum Member

-what most annoys me in mtc is the (very,very,very) slow scrolling(with the mouse wheel).can this be changed?

when saving my preview it takes me minutes to get to the bottom of it and then the same time to get back....

and in the graphics editor too

-then the *save preview* button.it took me some time(the first time i was using it) to find out where it is.you have to maximize
blood_hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007   #491
KFou
Administrator
Lasyk Elite Member

We will enhance and improve this in the next release...
Old 03-03-2007   #492
chester_tatson
Lasyk Friend

mTC inquiry

how do you save the themes that you have created? bec. there's so many save icons in the application.
chester_tatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #493
webmaster
Administrator
Lasyk Elite Member

@chester_tatson

File -> Save As
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #494
obi1kenobi
Team Member
Lasyk Gold Member

You click File -> Save As -> write a name: example.thm Watch out for the .thm at the end. It's crucial if you want to save your theme.

@KFou: In the Save screen, in the Files of type, there are two choices and they are both the same: Theme Files (*.thm, *.utz). Wouldn't it be better if one was *.thm and the other *.utz?

EDIT: @webmaster: I see you were a couple of seconds quicker than me with writing your post.
obi1kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #495
webmaster
Administrator
Lasyk Elite Member

@obi1kenobi

The full filename (filename.thm) is required for users running Windows XP Home edition.

Quote:
In the Save screen, in the Files of type, there are two choices and they are both the same: Theme Files (*.thm, *.utz). Wouldn't it be better if one was *.thm and the other *.utz?
The UTZ extension will be used when we add support for the new UIQ 3.1 theme format (once the new devices are announced)
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007   #496
obi1kenobi
Team Member
Lasyk Gold Member

@webmaster: Yes, but I don't know what OS chester_tatson is running, so I'm trying to cover all the bases.
Old 03-03-2007   #497
CrazyTerabyte
Lasyk Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster@lasyk.net View Post
The UTZ extension will be used when we add support for the new UIQ 3.1 theme format (once the new devices are announced)
So, I think mTC should automatically select the correct extension according to theme format. (I suppose most phones that accept .THM won't accept UIQ, so these formats are incompatible)

If these formats are incompatible, then allowing the user to save as each one of these will just confuse them more, and will require more entries to FAQ.
CrazyTerabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #498
KFou
Administrator
Lasyk Elite Member

@all
v2.13 will have fixed the scroll speed issue, along with some changes in the Save All Screenshots appearance thanks for your feedback (check out the Changelog with details on the changes)
Old 03-04-2007   #499
ms_imperfect
Lasyk Friend

is the theme creator or this website free?
ms_imperfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #500
obi1kenobi
Team Member
Lasyk Gold Member

@ms imperfect: Yes, the theme creator mTC is free. You can download it here: http://myforum.lasyk.net/showthread.php?t=7839 . Enjoy!

Tags
disappointed, feedback, mtc