myForum Lasyk Networks Upload at Lasyk Networks
REGISTER NOW
FAQ
Go Back   myForum > Misc > Reviews

Old 02-02-2006   #1
whichone
Lasyk Friend

Confused

I'm confused, which service provider is the best in the UK. I;ve just arrived and I can't wade through all the marketing bollocks to find out who's the best. O2, T Mobile, Orange or Vodafone. Any advice or feedback from real people on these guys would be brill.

Thanks
whichone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006   #2
awtroop
Team Member
Lasyk Gold Member

well it depends what type of serivice you want from them. if its contract or pay as you go.
awtroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006   #3
minig
Team Member
Lasyk Elite Member

O2 Pay as you go has some great offers... cashback, free calls, free texts etc.
Orange is OK but I wouldn't recommend.
T-Mobile is the worst - stay away!
Vodafone's OK.

Cheers
minig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006   #4
awtroop
Team Member
Lasyk Gold Member

i like virgin mobile for constumer service and simplicity
awtroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006   #5
hardic
Lasyk Friend

for me 3 is the best they got the best contract by far, but they are getting more expensive.
hardic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #6
kobrakaan
myForum Moderator
Lasyk Titanium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtroop
i like virgin mobile for constumer service and simplicity

ME TOO and NO BRANDING apart from maby a THEME or image that can be deleted or replaced

no hassles when upgrading firmware and NO CAMERA SOUND WHOOT

we have 3p texts to other VIRGIN mobile users and from 28th of APRIL this year until 30th SEPTEMBER this year we get 1000 FREE texts to other virgin mobile users

ive had good customer support from them they replaced my k700i 3x NEXT DAY .. only to find later it was my 5 year old simcard that was the issue whoops

they RE-credited my account the 40 rebate (from spending a load on airtime with them) that i had used to get the 700i plus gave me 50 airtime for the hassles i had with the k700i and the inconvenience it caused me with apologies and help from not one but three managers

i upgraded to a NOKIA 6230i but wasnt happy with the NOKIA so gave that to my g/f and bought my K750i .....

which im VERY HAPPY WITH ... well i was until they KNOCKED 100 off the price on their website ....they are now just 149.99 on PAY AS YOU GO! lol but at any price the K750i is worth it

simcards from VIRGIN cost as little as 7 and you get 5 airtime on it ... other providers you only get 1 or 2 credit with the simcard that costs you 10!
kobrakaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #7
ultimate_awesomeness
Lasyk Friend

it depends what u want from the phone and the service. i found this site, http://www.moneysupermarket.com/Mobi...s/default.aspx and it lets u choose everything from pay as u go or contract from which ever supplier, to whether u want an mp3 player. i liked it!
ultimate_awesomeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #8
ibcsweb
Lasyk Friend

My advice for what it's worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by whichone View Post
I'm confused, which service provider is the best in the UK. I;ve just arrived and I can't wade through all the marketing bollocks to find out who's the best. O2, T Mobile, Orange or Vodafone. Any advice or feedback from real people on these guys would be brill.

Thanks
I have used, Vodafone, 3, TMobile, O2, Virgin and Orange. When deciding which service to use get some advice about the coverage in your local area as well as places you will be travelling to regularly, like work. I live in Scarborough North Yorkshire and when I was with Vodafone the coverage around where I lived really sucked. I changed to Orange that was worse, then I went with 3 and I have not looked back. just depends where you live. Despite the above advice I would discount the idea of using Orange as a provider regardless of where you live. Check out this blog to see why....
http://orangescarborough.blogspot.com/
Their behaviour has been diabolical! I will never use them again after the way they messed up my bank account. And sooooo rude!
Anyway, good luck with the search for a provider and remember to get as many opinions as you can around your local area. Ask your friends who they use and see what they say about their own provider. Reception really can vary from street to street.

Good luck
ibcsweb is offline   Reply With Quote