myForum

myForum (http://myforum.lasyk.net/index.php)
-   mTC: myThemeCreator v2 (NEW) (http://myforum.lasyk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=252)
-   -   mTC: v2.0 User Feedback (http://myforum.lasyk.net/showthread.php?t=40017)

KFou 12-13-2006 04:30 AM

mTC: v2.0 User Feedback

Post any feedback, questions, or concerns regarding the mTC v2.0+ here

zxz 12-14-2006 08:55 PM

Can't even start the program:
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7...titled1kd4.png

cavveman 12-14-2006 09:01 PM

do you have java installed on the computer?
that error ocurred for me also when i didn't have java.

zxz 12-14-2006 10:29 PM

I have "J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6" installed

KFou 12-14-2006 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zxz (Post 268870)
I have "J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6" installed

What version of Windows are you using? Try running the installer one more time, if you are installing mTC for the first the installer will download some files so make sure you see that occuring.

Also are you using another skin rather than the default windows skin?

zxz 12-15-2006 12:30 AM

XP Professional SP2 and have other theme but it never interrupted any progs,
installed again, first time it downloaded but second didn't anyway still the same it doesn't work with the same msg

KFou 12-15-2006 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zxz (Post 268886)
XP Professional SP2 and have other theme but it never interrupted any progs,
installed again, first time it downloaded but second didn't anyway still the same it doesn't work with the same msg

Thanks for your feedback, can you try changing your theme back to the default windows theme, and tell us if that works out.

zxz 12-15-2006 12:15 PM

Changed theme to XP default and it is working now.
But still i think SE themes creator is better and easier to use except the screenshot feauture.

webmaster 12-15-2006 12:28 PM

@zxz

Thank you for feedback. I have tested mTC running JRE 1.5 using Stardock's Window Blinds and did not get this error.

What kind of theme are you using?

It will be great if you could share what you believe can be improved in mTC v2.

Mr.ASAP 12-15-2006 01:41 PM

minor glitch

hi all,

i have experienced a glitch with the auto resizing function

that is when i want to insert an image that is not of the designated size (e.g tab selected) the Auto image resizer box popups up and i selected NO to the auto resizing, but the image will not turn up on the preview (nor will there be an option to remove the image via the CROSS circle button.....

any ideas?
: dnt know

zxz 12-15-2006 01:42 PM

Theme called Royal Noir Remixed, and for this theme i had to patch some dll file maybe its because of that but as i said it never interrupted any program.
And i personally don't think there is reason to try make better program then original specially that is freeware.

KFou 12-15-2006 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.ASAP (Post 268956)
hi all,

i have experienced a glitch with the auto resizing function

that is when i want to insert an image that is not of the designated size (e.g tab selected) the Auto image resizer box popups up and i selected NO to the auto resizing, but the image will not turn up on the preview (nor will there be an option to remove the image via the CROSS circle button.....

any ideas?
: dnt know

I have just simulated the same error, we will post an update to the software to correct this soon (if an image is not resized and requires those dimensions to simply not add), currently in order to remove the image you have to add a valid/or resized image and then remove it with the cross/x button.

The downloads have been disabled, webmaster will update the software within the next couple of hours.

Thanks for your feedback Mr.ASAP

Mr.ASAP 12-15-2006 03:04 PM

sure; anyway well possibly another glitch;

i first select the colour for the FRAME of the popup or morelist (e.g White) and i followed onto inserting an image and the White coloured frame disappeared from the preview screen (K800 device)

i am not sure if the image is actually part of the Frame colour or not (i.e inserting a popup image also covers the frame colour on the actual device): dnt know

cheers :)

cavveman 12-15-2006 03:08 PM

Just discovered a fault in the program. I made a theme in SETC, saved it. and opened it in mtc. mtc just shut down, and when i tried to start mtc next time. it didn't start at all. it didn't work to reinstall it. Had to uninstall mtc, take away everything that was in [startmenu\run\regedit\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ mTC]

after that install it again, didn't work now either. Tried with the latest beta that was sent out. That version worked great.

Edit: it would be good feature if mtc could create a log for every single session so when a error ocurrs we could just copy the log and show it here

webmaster 12-15-2006 03:22 PM

Quote:

Just discovered a fault in the program. I made a theme in SETC, saved it. and opened it in mtc. mtc just shut down, and when i tried to start mtc next time. it didn't start at all. it didn't work to reinstall it. Had to uninstall mtc, take away everything that was in [startmenu\run\regedit\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ mTC]

after that install it again, didn't work now either. Tried with the latest beta that was sent out. That version worked great.
@cavveman

Please attach the theme that caused this glitch.

Quote:

Edit: it would be good feature if mtc could create a log for every single session so when a error ocurrs we could just copy the log and show it here
mTC does have this capability if you are willing to provide such feedback I can send you instructions.

Quote:

sure; anyway well possibly another glitch;

i first select the colour for the FRAME of the popup or morelist (e.g White) and i followed onto inserting an image and the White coloured frame disappeared from the preview screen (K800 device)

i am not sure if the image is actually part of the Frame colour or not (i.e inserting a popup image also covers the frame colour on the actual device)

cheers
@Mr.ASAP

If we are talking about the same aspect of the popup frame, this is not a bug. The popup frame border is supposed to disappear. Send a theme to your K800i to confirm. This is a bug with the Sony Ericsson themes creator preview.

@All

We have updated mTC to v2.01
  • The Auto Resizing Glitch was corrected

n1rvana 12-15-2006 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zxz (Post 268957)
Theme called Royal Noir Remixed, and for this theme i had to patch some dll file maybe its because of that but as i said it never interrupted any program.
And i personally don't think there is reason to try make better program then original specially that is freeware.

You do know zxz, these people CAN and DO make a program that makes theme creating easier, I know everyone has their own opinion, but really. I would say mTC beats SETC easily.

cavveman 12-15-2006 06:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is the theme i was working with.
Attachment 25777

zxz 12-15-2006 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n1rvana (Post 269013)
You do know zxz, these people CAN and DO make a program that makes theme creating easier, I know everyone has their own opinion, but really. I would say mTC beats SETC easily.

I don't think they can, the "new" version just out isn't better than SETC in any aspect and there cant be easier way then SETC.

cavveman 12-15-2006 06:55 PM

SETC has one fault, i like the program i do, but it takes to much of the resources from the computer

n1rvana 12-15-2006 07:06 PM

SETC: No saving previews, all done manually.

mTC: Save previews, choose anything you want.

SETC: You will find it difficult for images

mTC: Edit your images on the program.

I can't see how SETC is better.